Indicated for crowns, bridges, implants, inlays and onlays. An esthetic solution for bruxers when PFM metal occlusal/lingual or full-cast restorations are not desired or when patient lacks the preparation space for a PFM or has broken a PFM in the past. Zirconia can also be used for anterior teeth with a facial veneer of porcelain when there is a dark stump shade that needs to blocked out. The size of the connectors is of paramount importance.
- A Zir bridge with 3 mm high x 3 mm wide connectors.
This bridge will be able to carry a proportional load in the oral environment.
- A Zir bridge with 4 mm high x 2 mm wide connectors.
This is an even better outcome.
- A Zir bridge with 2 mm high x 4 mm wide connectors.
This is insufficient.
- Following the processes outlined above will ensure that your Zir crowns & bridges live up to their reputation of being virtually indestructible.
- It is very important not to make any adjustments to Zir bridges after coloring and sintering. The temptation to finish and enhance the esthetics of bridge connectors by opening embrasures can lead to failures, especially when using a diamond disc.
→ Resistant to chipping because it is made of solid zirconia with no porcelain overlay
→ Glazed to a smooth surface to reduce plaque accumulation
→ Typical zirconia materials have a flexural strength of more than 1200 MPa.
→ Anterior zirconia has a flexural strength of 650MPa
→ Porcelain can be layered to a Zirconia substructure. However flexural strength changes (lower)