PROVISONALS / TEMPORARIES
Temporaries have become an important and necessary part of any smile or bite reconstruction. They serve several other important functions, including:
- Protecting teeth that have been prepared for a final restoration.
- Covering exposed dentin to prevent tooth sensitivity, plaque buildup, cavities and pulp problems.
- Preventing unwanted tooth movement.
- Enabling patients to eat and speak normally.
- Maintaining the health and contours of the gum tissue.
- Allowing patients to “test drive” the fit, look, comfort and function of the anticipated smile makeover or restoration(s).
- Serving as a discussion point for addressing cosmetic or functional concerns during the interim period they are worn.
- Saving time and money by providing an accurate blueprint of what the final restoration(s) will look and feel like, thereby reducing the need for additional procedures, adjustments and remakes.